Friday, May 29, 2009

The Friday Sermon

MuNsYi^SaMa was asking me to write about the key points on the Friday Sermon which was delivered in Arabic. I don’t know either he was serious or playing around with me, but I think that was a great idea as I got some important points to be shared.

The Friday Sermon was delivered by Prof. Abdul Razak As Sa’adi. He is a lecturer from the Department of Arabic language and literature. He is an Iraqi. I’ve been told that his brother was the Iraq mufti, thus I can conclude that he was coming from a religious family background.

I quote 1 phrase during the introduction where he said, “At Taqwa hua syi’ar muslim.” Short but meaningful.

The 1st sermon he stressed on Ikhlas/ sincerity in doing any works. He started the topic by reciting 1 hadith narrated by Bukhari n Muslim. Unfortunately, I couldn’t remember it. He elaborated the Hadith very well.

After about 20 minutes, he started the 2nd Sermon. It is shorter compared from the 1st one. He reminds us about “small syirik”. At the end of his sermon, he reminds us on the importance of coming early to Jumaat prayer. He recited one hadith related to the blessings on those who come at certain time, from as big as a camel to as small as an egg.

Before he ended his sermon, he praised some students where they always make kind of circle of tazkirah after Jumaat prayer. (It’s normal here to make such circle. Some are the assembly of their country mates etc. Too many circles) However, he said that all Jamaah should pray 4 rakaat of sunnah prayer after Jumaat prayer as it’s the sunnah of our Beloved Prophed Muhammad pbuh. Then only students can make those circles.

Actually I’m not that good in Arabic but I force myself to attend all lectures in Arabic which is conducted at the Masjid after maghrib and ‘Asar. Although I can’t speak Arabic fluently, at least I’m polishing my listening skill. Among all lectures, the easiest one to be understood is the lecture delivered by Prof Abdul Razak As Sa’adi on Fiqh As Syafie. He is using Arabic Fushah/Standard and he utters every word one by one clearly.

Hopefully, I can master this language before graduating.

Note: How come MuNsYi^ SaMa calling me “Blogger tegar”.. Huhu. (Tq for the new nickname but I don’t think it really suitable for me.hehe)

Note2: I’m still learning Turkish language informal for additional language. I’m eager to learn Korean language n looking forward to speak with mhuno.hehe)

11 comments:

im said...

Huh..insaf ana baca post ni...
Ntah la dah mcm jd tabiat p smayang jumaat lewat ni..biasanya time tgh2 khutbah baru ana sampai kt masjid...

Hari ni lg la teruk..ttidur..
5 saat sblm imam rkuk ana baru sampai kt bwh(hampar sejadah atas tanah n semayang)...Tp ada org lain yg lg lewat...he3 :)

hmm...Aku duk kwn dgn ukurkira ni dah dkt 5 thn, tp x plak aku ikut
tabiat dia yg selalu p solah Jumaat awal ni..

Niat nk try p awal tu ada..cuma x menjadi lg stakat ni...X pa lah..skurang2nya dpt pahala niat..hehe :-)

p/s:masjid duk bwh rumah jer...tp rumah ana tingkat 7..tingkat plg atas..tu yg bt jadi ralik..

Nabil MJ said...

to im:sama2 kita beringat. Masih ada masa insya Allah utk datang lebih awal.hehe

At least nta ada usaha nk dtg awal ek.smga usaha itu mnjadi knyataan.
Ana pn sama.smga dpt trus istiqamah.

Hadith yg khatib tu baca lebih kurng mcm ni:
Malaikat catat pahala org2 yg dtg masjid utk solah jmaat.Paling awal pahala sebesar unta n kecil sekali sebesar telur.In btween tu ada la besar lembu,ayam etc.

Tp once khatib dh naik mimbar,malaikat akan tutup buku untuk sama2 dgr hutbah.So,those yg datang lps tu adakah d catat kehadirannya? Wallhu'alam..

dh 5 thn ek kta brkawan..hehe.masa brlalu begitu pantas.

Unknown said...

why me?, i speak no koreans other then anehasayo...

but i have a plan to go there,.how about accompanying me? u can be my translator....i hope (harapnye la, tgk2 ana y kena translate ke anta)...hehe

Munsyi said...

dear readers,
I've told you right this guy's Arabic is powerful. He can speak fluent Arabic and understand it also.

Thanks for sharing. People were waiting for your Friday-Sermon-post every friday. If it is in chinese, then you have to translate it too. huhu

Jepah knows korean? I dont recall he told me that.

Kamsahamida~

im said...

Aku akan berubah lps ni...
insya'Allah...
~Sesuatu di antara waktu~
(",)


5 thn yg begitu pantas....
Dlm 5 thn tu agakny dah bertimbun dosa/salah/silap ana bt pd anta...

Maafkan segala salah silap ana yek =D

hehehe...time exam ni baru nk minta maaf ngan org =)

Nabil MJ said...

To mhuno:I taught u know korean..hehe.Rasa2nya mmg nta akan jd translator ana pn.ana x pandai a..

To munsyi^sama:I'm no good in Arabic..Still learning.How come I wanna translate sermon in chinese?Come on man.u know chinese than me.hehe.

to im:ana masih tertanya-tanya apa itu sesuatu diantara waktu..
Nta bnyk brjasa pd ana sepanjg kta brsahabat.Tq atas ukhwah ini.

Unknown said...

im nak walimah la tu,..tanda2 awal nak berwalimah

Nabil MJ said...

mhuno nak start sembang bab walimah d blog ana plk ke?hehe

im said...

Walimah gaponya....
ngaji x abih lagi...
hehehe =)

Nabil MJ said...

to im:x salah pun walimah time ngaji. =)

im said...

Jwpn "Walimah gaponya....
ngaji x abih lagi...,
Tu sbnrnya jwpn ayah ana semasa d tawarkan seorg calon utk menikah oleh Presiden PMIUPM (persatuan mahasiswa islam)suatu ketika dulu...cerita lama..30 thn lps..

Mungkin ana ikut jejak langkah ayah ana kot...Ngaji biar habis dulu...