Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Practical Training...

Alhamdulillah...

Now, only one paper left before I can return home for 2 weeks holiday.Anyhow, this sem examination was quite tough especially post- contract administration for Quantity Surveyor 1. Although 3 hours has been allocated, it seems insufficient to answer 5 out of 6 Questions. For me, I struggled to answer as fast as I can. No time to rest or even to make some hand stretching.

Last Monday,after finished our Economics paper, we need to submit our practical training form. It makes me realized that I'm already near to 3 years in IIUM. Well, me and one of my classmates, arif decided to do our practical training together. we preferred to do it around KL or Selangor as it is near to our university.In case there is any problem, we can easily straight foward refer to our lecturers.

Alhamdulillah we managed to get 2 firms around Setapak, Kuala Lumpur. Our department will send letter to that particular firms, requesting to accept students for practical training.




Hopefully, the firms will accept both of us. There were some cases happened to our seniors where the firms only accept 1 student.Thus, that particular student couldn't cope with the environment in short term as he had nobody to work with.I'm not worry of difficulties to cope with the working environment. What I'm afraid of, if I've been attached alone, it's quite hard for me to go to work as I have no transport. Public transports?? No way!! No LRT heading to Setapak. Bus? Not efficient.I have to wait as early as 6.40a.m to reach that firm while its only take about 15-20 minutes by motorcycle.

Practical training will test all of our skills, either physical or mental. We need to implement what we had learn in class,preparing contract documents, measuring the architect drawings, doing the estimating works etc.It might cause tired as the whole day busy with works.Sometimes need to go outside,assisting senior QS attending site meeting and so on. Thus, I have yo prepare my mind setting,heart setting(working for the sake of Allah + promote islamic values) and also physical setting. (I heard some seniors sleep at the office due to dozens of works to be done).

Insya Allah it only takes 3-4 months for the practical training...
Pray for my success and may Allah let us stand affirms on His path.

p/s: Insya Allah I'll start my practical early this December...

No comments: