Saturday, February 19, 2011

Dr.Abu Ameenah Bilal Philips

Assalamu'alaikum..

Have you ever heard about this Muslim's scholar?
Alhamdulillah he is currently in IIUM for a serial talk.Dr.Bilal Philips was born in Jamaica and soon being raised up in Canada.He was a Christian,communist and even an atheist before later he reverted to Islam.He was the founder and dean of the Islamic Online University which is based in Doha,Qatar.He is actively participate in doing Da'wah through out the world. He received his B.A. degree from the Islamic University of Madinah and his M.A. in Aqeedah (Islamic Theology) from the King Saud University in Riyadh, then to the University of Wales, UK, where he completed a PhD in Islamic Theology in the early 90’s.  (To know more on his background,please google it out)

Weeks before, as I noticed the poster of this talk,what comes to my mind was "I want to attend it".However, as I was quite busy,hence I had no time to register and confirm my attendance at the registration booth.Days later,I found out that it's already full and I was quite disappointed as I would be missed this talk.

Alhamdulillah, the organizer managed to change the venue due to the number of students who still requesting for seats for the talk and I was among the fortunate to get myself into it.

The first talk,syeikh Bilal shared with us his experience in doing Da'wah to the USA military units.This talk entitled 'Behind the Enemy Lines: Defending Islam'.His speech,way of presenting the topic and the gist were totally awesome.

His 2nd talk was delivered right after the Fajr prayer today.Entitled "The 7 groups of people under the shade of Allah" really touching my heart.This 7 groups of people is based on the Hadith tawatir i.e. being narrated by many sahabats.(The most authentic hadith)

Tonight there will be his 3rd talk but seems like I couldn't attend it as I'll be attending my pre-graduation dinner at a hotel in Kuala Lumpur.(It's actually kind of conflict of interests.I really hope to participate all of his lectures.I really mean it)

Insha Allah,his final lecture (for this time being) would be tomorrow morning after Fajr prayer.

I love listening and gaining knowledge from public lectures especially those in English as it will polish my Language skills.Moreover,if that lectures are related to Islamic studies and being delivered by Muslim scholars around the world,it really drives my interest to attend it.Interesting to learn from different school of thought,cultures etc.

So,just reminding myself and my fellow readers,make ourselves free and available attending such lectures.(As most of us are lazy in reading,at least such lectures could cover up few things from that readings)

Hope to meet other Muslim scholars like Yusuf Hamza,Khalid Yasin etc.
Wallahu'alam..

*Language is such an important thing especially in doing Da'wah.- The way you addressing the people/audiences and presenting the idea is really a major aspects in convincing and influencing the people.
I still remember there was a Somalian syeikh who delivered the Friday Sermon few months ago at the Univ. Masjid.His Arabic was superb.Even some of my friends who have a 'little knowledge' in Arabic could spotted his unique Arabic.Subhanallah.

May Allah guide us and put us among HIS obedient servants.Ameenn..

No comments: